I couldn't choose just twenty, though. The nominees were too deserving. I'd send books to every one of them, if I could, and there was just no way that I could pick between all the schools and libraries where the students were extremely disadvantaged, or the libraries who have lost their funding, or the schools and libraries where teachers and librarians enter giveaways just to get recently published books into the hands of readers.
With choosing impossible, I narrowed the selection down to a hundred nominations, and then chose at random from there. That's a small drop in the bucket, but hopefully, it will help a little bit.
Honestly, I couldn't have more respect and honor for all the teachers and librarians and volunteers who spend their time getting books into the hands of readers by any means they can.
To continue to help, in addition to the many giveaways that we and the generous authors and publishers with new books out provide each week here on Adventures--which I hope librarians and teachers will continue to enter--I will donate a basket of books to a school or library each month to a school or library.
Without further ado, here's the list of donations I'll be sending out as soon as possible:
- Neva Lomason Memorial Library, Carrollton, GA
- Lee Williams High School, Kingman, AZ
- Central Virginia Regional Library, Farmville, VA
- Spencer Penn Centre, Spencer, VA
- Mosheim Public Library, Mosheim, TN
- The Wardlaw-Hartridge School, Edison, NJ
- Alameda High School Library, Lakewood, CO
- Mount Pleasant Regional Library, Mt Pleasant, SC
- Bridgeport Library, Old Mill Green Branch, Bridgeport, CT
- Franklin High School, Livonia, MI
- Loveland Public Library, Loveland, CO
- Safety Harbor Library, Safety Harbor, FL
- Saratoga Springs Public Library, Saratoga Springs, UT
- Moorpark High School, Moorpark, CA
- Lewisville High School, Lewisville, TX
- Columbus Metropolitan Library-Martin Luther King Branch, Columbus, Ohio
- St. Stephens High School, Hickory, NC
- Kanawha County Library, Charleston, WV
- White Station High School, Memphis, TN
- Gramercy Arts High School, NY, NY
Thank you ALL for your nominations and your help in getting books out to these wonderful institutions. Please come back and nominate again the first Tuesday of every month in 2015! : )