Here's what they had to say:
"Beautifully written, with vivid characters, a generations-old feud, and romance that leaps off the page, this Southern ghost story left me lingering over every word, and yet wanting to race to the compelling finish. Martina Boone’s COMPULSION is not to be missed." — Megan Shepherd, Author of THE MADMAN’S DAUGHTER
"Ancient spirits, mystery, and Southern charm—what more could you ask for? COMPULSION mixes dark magic with darker family secrets in a way that'll make you relieved there are two more books. I can't wait to continue reading about Barrie and the rest of Watson island!"— Kat Zhang, Author of WHAT'S LEFT OF ME
Amazing right? The world is full of awesome. At least until I remember how far I have to go on Book Two still (one third of the whole freaking book!) and the panic sets in.
Do you ever panic about your writing? How do you get over it?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
|via Pinterest from Found on qsprn.com|
YA GIVEAWAY OF THE WEEKThe third and final book of the SWEET EVIL trilogy by the incomparable Wendy Higgins launches today. You don't want to miss this one, and seriously? If you haven't read the first two books, what are you waiting for. Run, don't walk.
In honor of the launch, I'm giving away a signed set of the complete trilogy. It's only for a week though, so enter fast!
by Wendy Higgins
Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?
Purchase Sweet Evil at Amazon
Purchase Sweet Evil at IndieBound
View Sweet Evil on Goodreads
* * * *
by Wendy Higgins
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.
Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.
When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?
Purchase Sweet Peril at Amazon
Purchase Sweet Peril at IndieBound
View Sweet Peril on Goodreads
* * * *
by Wendy Higgins
Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.
The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.
In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.
Purchase Sweet Reckoning at Amazon
Purchase Sweet Reckoning at IndieBound
View Sweet Reckoning on Goodreads
BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS
- A brand spanking new trailer for The Fault in Our Stars has hit and it has turned us to mush
- We Need Diverse Book Campaign!
- Harper Lee agrees to release To Kill A Mockingbird as an e-book
- Mundie Mom's revealed the cover of the 5th and final book in Jennifer L. Armentrout's LUX series, Opposition
- JK Rowling expresses her sadness that her mother never experienced her daughter's success
- Maggie Stiefvater revealed the title and cover of the 3rd Raven Cycle book and it is beeeautiful! Plus, she shared notes from her first original draft of The Raven Boys
- On April 19th, Alexandra Duncan, the author of Salvage, wrote an amazing post about slut shaming in YA
- Stephanie Meyer's production company options film rights to Mindy McGinnis' post apocalyptic debut, Not A Drop To Drink
- The UK/US covers of the Sarah J. Maas' Heir of Fire was revealed on the Throne of Glass facebook page
- John Green listed on Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People's list and Shailene Woodley writes the post about it
- Love Frozen? What about Game of Thrones? For fans of the two, here's a great mashup of the epic, unforgettable song. In Let It Go(T), singer Gail Folsom does a fabulous job with the lyrics by Joanna Robinson and Dave Gonzales. But warning, there are spoilers for Season 4. : )
- JennaDoesBooks made up an amazing spreadsheet of all the author's signing at BEA and guess who's on it?!
WRITING TIP OF THE WEEK
“Becoming a writer is about becoming conscious. When you're conscious and writing from a place of insight and simplicity and real caring about the truth, you have the ability to throw the lights on for your reader. He or she will recognize his or her life and truth in what you say, in the pictures you have painted, and this decreases the terrible sense of isolation that we have all had too much of.”
― Anne Lamott