What you need:
- The best possible opening sentence for your completed MG or YA novel.
- A compelling opening sequence of five sentences that make the reader itch to keep on reading.
- First sentence by Thursday 6/10 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time, first 50 submissions, or Thursday 6/10 a.m. at noon E.T., another 50 submissions.
- If you pass, you'll be invited to submit the second sentence, and so on.
- Just post your submission in the comments of the post we will put up on Thursday morning. We will put the rules up early and then open comments up as appropriate.
- Natalie Fischer of the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency will judge and offer a 25-page manuscript critique to the 1st place winner, a 10-page manuscript critique to the 2nd place winner, and books from SDLA authors to places 1-3.
- A 5-page critique by P. J. Hoover, author of The Forgotten Worlds Trilogy for the 3rd place winner.
- Three-page critiques for finalists by debut authors who have recently fought their way through the submission process and won. Authors include Kirstin Hubbard, Cole Gibsen, Michelle Hodkin, Tahereh Mafi and more....
Get your openings ready!
Martina & Marissa