So get those pages ready - we usually fill up in under a minute!
April Guest Agent Mentor - Rachel Burkot
Rachel Burkot has been in the publishing industry since 2009. After completing an internship with two literary agencies, reading mostly young adult and thrillers, she then worked as an editor for Harlequin, acquiring category romance, contemporary romance, multicultural romance and women’s fiction. She has decided to transition her skills to the agenting world in order to be an advocate and champion for her authors because she loves finding new talent and helping authors’ dreams of publication come true.
Rachel’s career highlights include helping her authors achieve prestigious romance book nominations and two selective awards, including the National Readers Choice Award, and several top reviews in Romantic Times magazine for her books.
Rachel is interested in representing:
- Women’s fiction
- Upmarket/book club fiction, i.e., Emily Giffin, Liane Moriarty and Diane Chamberlain
- Young adult (no fantasy or paranormal unless it’s very light)
- Contemporary romance, i.e., Kristan Higgins
- Category romance with unique, memorable plots, i.e., Natalie Charles
- Southern fiction
- “Dark” women’s fiction/thrillers, i.e., Gillian Flynn or Mary Kubica
- Urban fiction
- Literary fiction
Follow Rachel on Twitter at @Rachel_Burkot.