I love libraries. I love teachers who keep books in the classrooms, most often at their own expense. But I can't possibly send books for every request.
I do want to do what I can though, especially for the holidays.
So I'm hosting a Win a Basket of Books giveaway.
News and Squeees!
There have been many lovely moments recently. The whole Compelling Reads tour was amazing, and so many people have been more than kind.
- I'd like to thank Jessie Potts of USA Today for including Compulsion among her "Must-Read Paranormals last week. Talk about happy-dance moments!
- Thank you also to Romantic Times RT Book Reviews' DJ DeSmyter for calling Compulsion "flawless, a true gem" and mentioning that it's "a must-read."
- Massive thank you to Goodreads for including Compulsion on both its General and YA lists of Best Books of the Month.
- I'm helping to judge Jennifer L. Armentrout's FanFic contest. Want an all expense trip to the 2015 RT convention in Dallas? Check out the rules and opportunity here! Isn't Jen incredible? She truly believes in giving back and paying it forward.
- Thank you to everyone who has bought it, added it to their shelves, and especially to all of you who've reviewed it on Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, and elsewhere. Your ratings and reviews genuinely make an enormous difference!
Speaking of Paying It Forward
This week's giveaway includes some hot Compulsion swag plus A THOUSAND PIECES OF YOU by Claudia Gray plus TALON by Julie Kagawa.
GIVEAWAY THIS WEEK
by Claudia Gray
Every Day meets Cloud Atlas in this heart-racing, space- and time-bending, epic new trilogy from New York Times bestselling author Claudia Gray.
Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. But when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.
Marguerite can’t let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.
A Thousand Pieces of You explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure.
Purchase A Thousand Pieces of You at Amazon
Purchase A Thousand Pieces of You at IndieBound
View A Thousand Pieces of You on Goodreads
by Julie Kagawa
Long ago, dragons were hunted to near extinction by the Order of St. George, a legendary society of dragon slayers. Hiding in human form and growing their numbers in secret, the dragons of Talon have become strong and cunning, and they're positioned to take over the world with humans none the wiser.
Ember and Dante Hill are the only sister and brother known to dragonkind. Trained to infiltrate society, Ember wants to live the teen experience and enjoy a summer of freedom before taking her destined place in Talon. But destiny is a matter of perspective, and a rogue dragon will soon challenge everything Ember has been taught. As Ember struggles to accept her future, she and her brother are hunted by the Order of St. George.
Soldier Garret Xavier Sebastian has a mission to seek and destroy all dragons, and Talon's newest recruits in particular. But he cannot kill unless he is certain he has found his prey: and nothing is certain about Ember Hill. Faced with Ember's bravery, confidence and all-too-human desires, Garret begins to question everything that the Order has ingrained in him: and what he might be willing to give up to find the truth about dragons.
Purchase Talon at Amazon
Purchase Talon at IndieBound
View Talon on Goodreads
COMPULSION Charm Bookmark, Necklace, and Swag
a Rafflecopter giveaway