It's very early, but we're starting to get in some lovely reviews for COMPULSION. Obviously, we can't put up reviews just yet, but I want everyone to know how much I appreciate them, [HINT: LOTS AND LOTS] so I am going to share a snippet of one now and then as they come in. Here's the first one from someone who downloaded from Edelweiss.
Hafsah Laziaf, Book Blogger, IceyBooks.com
Thank you so much Hafsah!!!! When I read her full review I was all:
Best. Review. Ever!
Bloggers and readers, if you are doing an early read of an ARC from Edelweiss, if you've received it in the publisher mailing, or you've won it in a giveaway and you'd like us to share a bit of it with a link to your site, here's where to go to find out more information on that and on the blog tour.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
That's the best kind of book, right? What have you read lately that you can't stop thinking about?
YA GIVEAWAY OF THE WEEK
by Anne Brashares
Follow the rules. Remember what happened. Never fall in love.
Thrilling, exhilarating, haunting, and heartbreaking, The Here and Now is a twenty-first-century take on an impossible romance. Ann Brashares’ first novel for teens since The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is about a girl from the future who might be able to save the world . . . if she lets go of the one thing she’s found to hold on to.
Meet seventeen-year-old Prenna James, who immigrated to New York when she was twelve. Except Prenna didn’t come from a different country. She came from a different time—a future where a mosquito-borne illness has mutated into a pandemic, killing millions and leaving the world in ruins.
Prenna and the others who escaped to the present day must follow a strict set of rules: never reveal where they’re from, never interfere with history, and never, ever be intimate with anyone outside their community. Prenna does as she’s told, believing she can help prevent the plague that will one day ravage the earth. But everything changes when she falls for Ethan Jarves.
Purchase The Here and Now at Amazon
Purchase The Here and Now at IndieBound
View The Here and Now on Goodreads
Want more giveaways? Don't forget to check the sidebars. We've got some AMAZING stuff. Plus there's yesterday's EIGHT book giveaway that we'll be getting into the sidebars shortly.
RECENT YA GIVEAWAY WINNERS
by Sally Green
Winner: Nicole Moy
A stunning, magical debut. An international sensation.
In modern-day England, witches live alongside humans: White witches, who are good; Black witches, who are evil; and fifteen-year-old Nathan, who is both. Nathan’s father is the world’s most powerful and cruel Black witch, and his mother is dead. He is hunted from all sides. Trapped in a cage, beaten and handcuffed, Nathan must escape before his sixteenth birthday, at which point he will receive three gifts from his father and come into his own as a witch—or else he will die. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust—not even family, not even the girl he loves?
In the tradition of Patrick Ness and Markus Zusak, Half Bad is a gripping tale of alienation and the indomitable will to survive, a story that will grab hold of you and not let go until the very last page.
Purchase Half Bad at Amazon
Purchase Half Bad at IndieBound
View Half Bad on Goodreads
BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS
- First look at IF I STAY's Chloe Grace Moretz as Mia. Now it's a good thing Chloe loves IF I STAY, but a shame she's not impressed with YA books in general. And how awesome was the list of recommendations the YA community gave her on Twitter for a reading list? Although I got carried away myself with tweeting those last week, I can't find a link to where they were collected. Here's one from Courtney Summers, though, that's absolutely wonderful.
- Entertainment Weekly announces Dreamworks buys rights to Eleanor & Park
- Have you heard about the #Speak4Ranin Campaign? https://www.rainn.org/speak
- Paper Towns by John Green is going to be a movie.
- Megan McCafferty offers readers the chance to Ask! Authors! Anything!
- Kirsten Hubbard has two new YA novels sold to Egmont USA and they sound amazing. And Sara Sargent, my lovely editor, has been on a buying spree recently. She's picked up another book I'd love to read RIGHT NOW. Check out this PW Rights Report.
- Learning To Adapt: The Cinematic Explosion on Young Adult Books
- HUNGER GAMES meets GAME OF THRONES? Yes, please. Gwendoline Christie is hopping over to Mockingjay
- And finally, the chocolate-sauce goodness in the Buzz Worthy post from Cuddlebuggery last week, with it's round-up of literary April Fools pranks and bit of eye-candy, is a do-not-miss.
a Rafflecopter giveaway