Ann has always been overweight and self-conscious. Even though the book 45 Pounds (More or Less) changes that somewhat, it’ll take more than a few hundred pages to completely transform her—maybe before she dies though.
By then, she’s hoping to…
- Take dance classes again, this time willingly.
- Dance at her sister Libby’s wedding. Practice makes perfect, right? So by Libby’s wedding she should have some even more killer moves.
- Run a 5K. She might even tell her mom she’s doing it, but probably not until the day of the race.
- Never diet again. Diets suck. Living healthy makes more sense and doesn’t limit fun. Besides, a life without ever eating a Mondo Burger is not worth living.
- Wear a cute swim suit in public, and not let size be a factor on whether or not she does it.
- Marry Jon and live happily ever after. *
- Have Raynee, the maid of honor, design all the dresses.
*This is subject to change. We’ll see how it goes.
Here are the numbers of Ann Galardi’s life:
She is 16.
And a size 17.
Her perfect mother is a size 6.
Her Aunt Jackie is getting married in 10 weeks, and wants Ann to be her bridesmaid.
So Ann makes up her mind: Time to lose 45 pounds (more or less) in 2 1/2 months.
Welcome to the world of infomercial diet plans, wedding dance lessons, embarrassing run-ins with the cutest guy Ann’s ever seen—-and some surprises about her NOT-so-perfect mother.
And there’s one more thing. It’s all about feeling comfortable in your own skin-—no matter how you add it up!
Purchase on Amazon | Purchase on IndieBound | View on Goodreads
About the Author: