Thursday, May 23, 2013
Ember's bucket list:
1. Do something normal. Like make chocolate chip cookies. Like eat chocolate chip cookies. Wow. That would be amazing.
2. Find somewhere Chase and I can be safe. And alone.
3. Collect all my favorite books - the ones the MM banned - and start a library.
4. Learn to fight.
5. Say goodbye to my mom.
Chase's bucket list:
1. Run, hide, whatever it takes to get Ember out of the MM's sights.
2. Do what I can to fix things with us.
3. Take her somewhere. A date maybe. I don't know. I think she'd like the beach. I think I'd like to see her at the beach...
4. Finish high school.
5. Set up a safe house for people like us.
About the Book
After faking their deaths to escape from prison, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings have only one goal: to lay low until the Federal Bureau of Reformation forgets they ever existed.
Near-celebrities now for the increasingly sensationalized tales of their struggles with the government, Ember and Chase are recognized and taken in by the Resistance—an underground organization working to systematically take down the government. At headquarters, all eyes are on the sniper, an anonymous assassin taking out FBR soldiers one by one. Rumors are flying about the sniper’s true identity, and Ember and Chase welcome the diversion….
Until the government posts its most-wanted list, and their number one suspect is Ember herself.
Orders are shoot to kill, and soldiers are cleared to fire on suspicion alone. Suddenly Ember can’t even step onto the street without fear of being recognized, and “laying low” is a joke. Even members of the Resistance are starting to look at her sideways.
With Chase urging her to run, Ember must decide: Go into hiding…or fight back?
Buy BREAKING POINT on Amazon
Find BREAKING POINT on Goodreads
Kristen Simmons writes young adult fiction - the kind that's dark and scary but generally involves some kissing. The second book in the ARTICLE 5 series, BREAKING POINT, will be published by Tor Teen in February, 2013. Words cannot describe how happy this makes her. She has a master’s degree in social work and is an advocate for mental health. She loves Jazzercise, her husband, and her precious greyhound, Rudy. Also chocolate. She currently lives in Tampa, Florida.
Read more about Kristen on her website
Follow Kristen on Twitter
Great post: Ember and Chase from the Article 5 Series by Kristen SimmonsTweet this! Posted by Jan Lewis at 6:00 AM
Labels: Character Bucket List