Thursday, May 30, 2013
1. To stay in the present moment without the distraction of drugs or alcohol.
2. To finish high school and maybe, someday, go to college. To be able to see a future for herself, somewhere out in the hazy distance--a future that grows clearer with each passing day.
3. To tell Julian exactly how she feels about him, no matter how scary it is to open her mouth and speak the word that haunts her dreams: love.
4. To somehow, some way, forgive her father for abandoning her, and to find the strength to break all ties with her abusive mother.
5. To laugh more often, to smile on a daily basis, so that when it happens, the feeling won't be strange and unusual, but so routine she will hardly notice it.
About the Author
Jennifer Banash lives and writes in Los Angeles.
You can find her at:
Her website: jenniferbanash.com
About the Book
A gritty, atmospheric coming of age tale set in 1980s New York City.
Seventeen-year-old Cat is living every teenager’s dream: she has her own apartment on the Lower East Side and at night she’s club kid royalty, guarding the velvet rope at some of the hottest clubs in the city. The night with its crazy, frenetic, high-inducing energy—the pulsing beat of the music, the radiant, joyful people and those seductive white lines that can ease all pain—is when Cat truly lives. But her daytime, when real life occurs, is more nightmare than dream. Having spent years suffering her mother’s emotional and physical abuse, and abandoned by her father, Cat is terrified and alone—unable to connect to anyone or anything. But when someone comes along who makes her want to truly live, she’ll need to summon the courage to confront her demons and take control of a life already spinning dangerously out of control.
Both poignant and raw, White Lines is a gripping tale and the reader won’t want to look away.
Buy it at Amazon
Buy it at IndieBound
View It on Goodreads
Great post: Character Bucket List: Jennifer Banash and Cat from White LinesTweet this! Posted by Martina Boone at 6:00 AM
Labels: Character Bucket List