Thursday, April 11, 2013
So, I present: Rhea Spencer's Bucket List:
1. Manifest a useful power. This being-the-reincarnation-of-Cleopatra thing is kind of boring so far. I mean, I like sand and sphinxes and all but compared to my sisters’ powers, reading hieroglyphics isn’t exactly a blow-your-hair-back talent.
2. Get my parents to stop treating my boyfriend Slade like he's an ex-con. (Apparently, being a Creatuir is worse than being a criminal. As if that can even be measured.)
3. Travel to Egypt. Hey, maybe the pyramids will recognize me.
4. Experience a day where my sisters don't irritate me.
5. Stop the freaky dreams about ancient Egypt. Get back to the good ones, like the time I was driving a red convertible and wearing leather pants.
There you go! My fingers are crossed that I get to experience all of these things, although I realize #4 is fairly unlikely.
About the Book
“The queen lives again. You, Rhea, are the key to unlocking the magical artifacts in Cleopatra’s tomb.”
Despite living with a shaman, a witch, and a muse for sisters, Rhea Spencer feels like a normal teenager-even if she is the reincarnation of Cleopatra. But all that changes on Rhea's sixteenth birthday, when her visions of the Egyptian queen start unraveling a very different version of history, and Declan, a hot representative of the secret Order of Antony, shows up on the doorstep to keep her from being kidnapped. Together, Rhea and Declan travel to Egypt to stop the Octavians, a dark cabal trying to tap into Rhea's growing powers. The cabal seeks to access the magic deep below the desert sands, a potentially devastating force that only Rhea can protect.
Buy Cleopatra Ascending on Amazon
Find Cleopatra Ascending on Goodreads
About the Author
Maureen K. Lipinski, a graduate of Miami University (in Ohio, not Florida), resides in the Chicago suburbs with her husband and two children. She is the author of YA novels Shadow's Edge and Cleopatra Ascending, in addition to two adult novels.
Follow Maureen on Twitter
Great post: Maureen Lipinski and Rhea Spencer from Cleopatra AscendingTweet this! Posted by Jan Lewis at 7:00 AM
Labels: Character Bucket List