5. Marissa: I am an avid Crossfitter. Once upon a time, I was afraid to touch an Olympic barbell at a mere 45 pounds. Since then, I’ve deadlifted 160 lbs., done power cleans at 110 lbs., and bench pressed 100 lbs. I’ve even mastered the pull-up after much intervention (see point 7 below)! For me, it’s not about being some huge, scary chick with big muscles. It’s about achieving a certain goal and then slowly extending that line to push yourself even further. This is good not only for the body, but the mind and soul. :)
6. Marissa: Classic movies are where it’s at. The television writer’s strike a few years ago led me to becoming a Turner Classic Movie channel junkie. Anything from the late twenties to the early fifties catches my attention. Hitchcock has special privileges. Everything was grander, more dramatic, and better told. Dialogue was sharper and plots were thicker. I think I was born in the wrong decade!
7. Marissa: I genuinely love my life. I feel blessed to be married to my husband, who I totally don’t deserve but a deal’s a deal and he’s stuck with me now! I have fantastic, strong friendships with people who inspire me to become a better version of myself. My family is supportive and we actually like one another. Who knew? I am thrilled everyday to teach little ones and form such meaningful relationships with them, as well as their families. Everywhere I turn, I feel like the luckiest person I know.
Our nominees for the Beautiful Blogger Award are:
3. Scribble City Central – Lucy Coats
4. An Awfully Big Blog Adventure – Katherine, John, Miriam, Dianne, Meg