We'll be sending Vicki a copy of So Shelly by Ty Roth.
And Now for the April Workshop
We will accept the first five middle grade or young adult manuscripts received by email starting at noon today. Lisa Gail Green and I will tell you what we see in those first five pages with respect to your voice, plot, characters, setting, pacing and writing in general. If appropriate, we'll try to help you pull your hook forward and strengthen your voice and structure. You'll also get feedback and comments from your peers throughout the month, and have the opportunity to post revisions each week so you'll end up the strongest possible start.
The rules are simple:
1. Manuscripts must be middle grade or young adult.
2. Manuscripts do not need to be completed, but must be your own, original work.
3. Send us the first five pages, with each page approximately 250 words, max 1250 words.
4. Do NOT send any synopsis or summary information.
5. Do include your name and genre at the top.
6. Send the entry in plain text, single spaced, with a carriage return between paragraphs.
7. Be prepared to receive honest, constructive feedback.
8. Be prepared to provide honest, constructive feedback to each of your fellow workshop participants in a kind and courteous manner.
That's it. Simple, right?
Send your emails at noon (Eastern Time) to kidlit at writeedge dot com.
Happy writing and revising,