This won't be a line-edit. We're looking at macro issues, and once we've put up our comments, we'll invite you to answer our questions and ask others to chime in so that it's a real workshop. Other writers may disagree with us, find different ways to address the same problem. Hopefully, we'll all be able to work together to help you find your place on the bookshelves.
So are you ready? Here are the rules.
1) Submit your first five pages in the comments below this post. We'll accept the first five entries that meet all the other rules. We'll respond as soon as possible, but give us some time.
2) Normal pages are approximately 250 words, so the entry should be approximately 1250 words total. Doesn't have to be exact.
3) The entry must be middle grade or young adult. Please specify.
4) The entry must be your own, original work.
5) You must be ready to accept constructive critique. We aren't going to just say it's great.
6) If you post, be prepared to comment contructively, kindly, and respectfully on the other posts.
That's it. Submit your entries!
Martina and Lisa